116 Avon Terrace, York WA 6302, Australia
York Motor MuseumVer en el mapa
4 Brook St, York WA 6302, Australia
Built during the 1850's as the Depot Superintendant's Quarters, this historic house is now the last remaining part of York's Convict Depot.
It then became the official home of the town's Resident Magistrate hence the name, the Residency.
During the early twentieth century it was used as part of the Old York Hospital, later being saved from disrepair by the efforts of the York Society.
It opened as a Municipal Museum in 1972 and continues to be managed by the Shire of York, with help from community volunteers.
LOT 27 Joaquina St, York WA 6302, Australia
Peace ParkVer en el mapa
6 Howick St, York WA 6302, Australia
Johanna Whitely ParkVer en el mapa
LOT 11 Lowe St, York WA 6302, Australia
Pioneer Avon ParkVer en el mapa
York WA 6302, Australia
Alec Wallace Memorial FieldVer en el mapa
27 Ford St, York WA 6302, Australia
Grey Street ParkVer en el mapa
York WA 6302, Australia
The York Racecourse is renowned for its fast paced racing with the track being constantly maintained with a good or fast track rating. Located 100km east of the Perth CBD, York Racecourse hosted its first race way back in 1843 albeit at a different site.
The course has an overall distance of 1661m with two chutes that are laid out amongst traditional surrounds of eucalyptus trees. Once the thoroughbreds hit the home straight they fly at an almighty pace to the finish line.
An historic race course in WA’s Wheatbelt has reopened more than five years after being damaged by wild weather.
A storm in January 2011 wrecked facilities at York Racecourse, including its state-heritage listed grandstand which was built in 1924.
The Minister for Racing and Gaming Colin Holt officially reopened the track on April 6, 2015, which coincided with the running of the 70-thousand-dollar York Cup.
The track is the oldest thoroughbred race track in Australia, with its first official race meeting held in 1843
52 North Rd, York WA 6302, Australia
Landing BakewellVer en el mapa
81 Avon Terrace York
York Town HallVer en el mapa
Pioneer Road York Western Australia
Mount Brown LookoutVer en el mapa
132 Avon Terrace York WA 6302
Courthouse and Old Goal
From the lofty grandeur of the court room to the stark confines of the prison cells, the York Courthouse Complex tells the intriguing story of country policing from the days of the first convicts to the late twentieth century.
York was Western Australia’s first inland town (founded 1831) and in 1852 the first part of the courthouse complex, the cell block and police station, was built. As the town prospered and expanded, so did the complex. A courtroom was added in 1859, the police station was expanded, and a troopers’ cottage, stables and yard were built to the rear. With the influx of money from the goldfields, part of the complex was demolished and a new two-storey courthouse was built in 1895.
The cells continued to be used until 1981 when a new police station was built in the town. The court room was still in use after the National Trust acquired the property in 1983.